Management and execution of data focused projects to support organizational goals, Data Administration of Global Data Warehouse (GDW) customer related information including customer hierarchies, industry codes, sales, contacts, addresses, cross references, and Dun & Bradstreet linkages. Application support for technical contacts involved with feeds and extracts of data between GDW and operational system. User support for key management personnel.
Critical Tasks may include:
1. Import Customer, Sales, Contact data submitted by source systems. Work with technical staff at each source to implement standard feeds, troubleshoot errors.
2. Perform monthly extracts and imports between GDW and Dun & Bradstreet. Work with D&B staff to validate or correct data in D&B databases. Provides critical industry and company information to D&B for data quality.
3. Run data quality processes to clean and standardize addresses, and to load review tables with potential data quality issues, and potential merges. Work with technical staff to troubleshoot, identify and resolve program failures occurring from data problems.
4. Review pairs of records identified as potential merges, research anomalies, correct data, perform merges.
5. Create customer, industry, and custom groupings to drive reporting at user request. Work with users to refine the request and implement it.
6. Data Administrator for Marquee and Key accounts. Act as single point of contact, perform all data reviews, work closely with VP of Sales, Marquee and Key account managers at corporate and divisional levels to ensure accuracy of customer hierarchy and group composition. Create and maintain account management report for each account. Be the customer expert for the account, fielding all user requests and questions for that customer. Data Administrators will handle multiple accounts, the number varying depending on the number of sites in the customer group, and the volatility of the company.
7. Research company locations, evaluate industry code information from company websites, industry websites, Dun & Bradstreet as well as divisional and LBP sources to determine accurate industry codes for each site and a master industry code that best represents the Emerson Process overall business with that customer business unit.
8. Perform standard extracts on a monthly basis for all sources, and custom extracts for Oracle single instance loads, divisional loads and cross referencing, and for user requests.
9. Maintain database entries for divisions, exchange rates, sources that feed the data warehouse to ensure proper netting out of sales, and products. This requires coordination with divisions.
10. Perform targeted cleanup and de-duplication of addresses, customer names, and industry codes for Oracle single instance loading and cleanup.
11. Field user questions and requests from global users. Provide training and instruction on use of reports, methods of providing data to GDW and assist in formulating special report requests.
12. Work with Marketing departments to clean and manage data in GDW and Passport. Requires coordination with contacts from all world areas.
13. Perform translation and research on Customer names and addresses written in non-western characters. Merge information at a master level and manage it in original language at the operational level.
14. Design and write SQL scripts to find data anomalies, manage data, and to meet user requests for special reports.
15. Perform system testing for new releases of the GDW.
16. Write complete technical and user documentation for all functions on GDW menus.
17. Set up and conduct Webex and teleconference meetings with account managers, users and technical staff across Emerson Process Management as needed.
18. Initiate and provide functional design specification for new and enhanced processes, procedures, and applications.
19. Perform Project Management function for small to medium sized projects to support operational and strategic organizational goals.